DIY Pedicure Tips
Spring is the season when your feet start to step outside naked, and we all want to look good naked, don’t we? If you can’t make it in to the spa for an appointment right away, no worries. Following are a few tips for a professional look you can do at home until you can make time for a pedicure appointment.
- Pushing cuticles back with an orangewood stick after showering or bathing makes the job easier for you. The same goes for gently filing calluses. And don’t overdue the filing, you don’t want to end up with sore feet.
- Always clip, file, or trim nails straight across to avoid ingrown toenails.
- Use a ridge filler as a base coat for a smooth end result. Think of it as a primer for the polish application.
- Always, always, always apply two coats of polish.
- Finish with a top coat and let those tootsies dry completely. The topcoat helps to set the polish, but it takes several hours for nailpolish to fully cure.
Now go strap on a pair of sexy summer sandals and go strut your stuff!